Sunday, May 17, 2009

Callie is in the building

Hello Friends,


Poor Cathy! She is a neutral dog person living in a house hold of dog lovers. She was hesitantly okay about the first dog and resistant to the second dog. For the last couple of years she has been saying that when these dogs have gone to dog heaven, we will not replace them. Enter Paul, Devon, Mariah and Gabe. We all wanted a new puppy but Cathy wouldn't budge. Can you blame her? It took some time but Cathy finally relented and now our new puppy, Callie, is with us. She is a 46 day old Shih Poo. Callie weighs about 2 pounds and will be around 6 or 7 pounds when fully grown. We had a great first day with Callie and Cathy has been great.


I guess the way I feel about it is this.....life is short and if another dog or a new paint brush or a new pair of shoes (can't imagine that one) makes you happy and you can afford it...go for it. We decided a long time ago that we weren't going to wait to live. When our kids were younger we bought a motorhome and spent summers on the road. Now the motorhome is for sale because the girls have summer jobs, Gabe has baseball games, and we have the paint studio. That time in our life has passed but we will never regret the money we invested in our motorhome. We created memories and in many ways it defined us at that time in our lives. So like I said before, don't wait to live. Do it now because we don't know what tomorrow will bring. Now the Seymours have a new puppy and life is exciting and good. We were having too much fun to take a lot of pictures but I did take this one. Isn't she great!

Until next time,

Paul

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new member of the Seymour family! Callie is absolutely adorable! What a sweet face. Now, can we please see a picture of Callie in the fron pocket of Paul's mapron???? LOL

    George

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should never have shown this photo to my hubby. He thinks we should have a third. I love dogs, but think two is plenty. Paul, I owe you won. Now he says, but Paul got one.

    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a dog person so I just love your new puppy.
    I would have 10 if I could. But leader of the pack I am not so we just muddle along as we are.
    I agree with Georgia....the dog needs to be in the pocket of the mapron!! Callie could be your mascot at the shop!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete